Saturday 6 July 2013

Suliotët nga Lord Byron






Song To The Suliotes


1.
UP to battle! Sons of Suli
Up, and do your duty duly!
There the wall--and there the Moat is:
Bouwah![1] Bouwah! Suliotes!
There is booty--there is Beauty,
Up my boys and do your duty.

2.
By the sally and the rally
Which defied the arms of Ali;
By your own dear native Highlands,
By your children in the islands,
Up and charge, my Stratiotes,
Bouwah!--Bouwah!--Suliotes!

3.
As our ploughshare is the Sabre:
Here's the harvest of our labour;
For behind those battered breaches
Are our foes with all their riches:
There is Glory--there is plunder--
Then away despite of thunder!

FOOTNOTES:
[1] /!" is their war-cry.




Këngë për Suljotët


Bij të Sulit , trima të urtë
Shkoni si tufan në luftë
Mbi kala e mbi portë
Burra, burra o Suljotë!
Bukuri të rrëmbesh prenë
Siç e keni ju adetnë!

Befas ngrihi tok me retë
Tmerr për Ali Pashën vet.
Është I shtrenjtë, mal I lartë
Ku ju I kini burrat dhe grate
Ndaj sulmoni porsi shqotë
Burra, burra o Suljotë.

Pluar kini këllëç e shpatë
Me to korrni grurë të artë
Mbi armiq me sakature
Çani dyer, çani mure
Ju lavdinë e keni vetë
Shkoni grindi me rrufetë!


Përktheu: Dhori Qiriazi


No comments: